Website: visit http://www.soggolf.com/
Native: Ballinasloe, Co Galway
Trained: Royal Dublin Golf Club from 1989 to 1992
Turned Pro: Nov 1989 +2 H/cap
Shop Phone no. 01 8250793
- Advanced fellow P.G.A. Professional [ One of only 3 in Ireland]
- N.L.P. Practitioner (Neuro Lingustic Programming)
- Leinster GUI Provencial Coach since 1998.
- ILGU District coach sinse 2012
- Level 3 coaching diploma 2014
- Winner of numerous PGA events on the Irish Circuit. Last been the Curragh Pro- am 2002 on 6 under par
- Lowest Competitive Round 65 (-7) 1st Round Tommy Armour Tour Event in Windemere Florida
- 10 Hole in Ones
- Scored a “2” at the Par 5 18th 562 Yd in Black Bush Golf Club
- 70 tournament wins amateur and professional domestically and internationally
- David Mortimer PGA Champion Ireland 2006/2010 -Glenmuir PGA Pro Championships Great Britain 2010
- John Dwyer won the PGA Professional Championships Great Britain 2007.John has also won Ulster ,Greenore ,Southern PGA C’ships and Irish order of merit .
- John and David played on the PGA cup team to play against USA [club pros Ryder cup]
- Mark Staunton and John Dwyer winning the Irish PGA Order of Merit.both winning numerous domestic PGA tournaments.
- Glen Robinson winner of Irish Southern Branch C’ships and Greenore PGA Irish Open 2008.
- Mark Staunton won Irish PGA Assistants C’hips 2006 and 2007.
- Spending 2 hours working with Jose Maire Olazabal at Blackbush in 2006
- Working with Richard Kilpatrick Irish Amateur order of merit winner 2007 and walker cup panelist.Currently alps tour player order of merit position 10th and climbing
- Mark O’Suillvan regular player on Euro pro tour between 2007-2009 and Irish Assistants champion 2009.
- Lisa and Leona Maguire becoming the youngest ever representatives for GB and Ireland in Curtis Cup 2010 and there numerous other domestic& international tournament successes.
- Lisa Maguire won the world under 12 championship in Pinnhurst USA and her sister Leona came 3rd.
- Both girls won numerous girls events in Ireland and UK up to 2010
- Lisa Spanish ladies Amateur 2011.
- Lisa Irish Ladies Strokeplay&Irish Ladies Close 2009.
- Leona Portuguese Ladies amateur 2011&Irish ladies srokeplay 2011
- Leona French Ladies Open am. 2009 and 2010.
- Leona Helen Holme Scotish Ladies Open 2009 .
- Leona won the British stroke play 2011 and European team qualifying winner 2011
- Lisa won the European Amateur 2011
- Junior Solihum/junior Ryder cup/ and Vagleano team members between 2006 to 2010.
- Both girls ranked 1 and 2 in Europe April 2011.
- Huge success with the Leinster province coaching system developing players winning at under 13/15/18 and senior Championships.Many of them going on to play for their province ,country and later turning professional.
- Recent highlighted successes with some under age boys / Mark Boucher Scotish boys under 14 championship and Irish boys under 15 championship 2011 / David Carey Ulster boys under 15 championship 2011 / Kevin Le Blanc Munster under 13 boys championship 2011 / Ross Mohan Leinster boys under 13 championship 2010 / Gavin moynihan finishing in top 5 in international boys event in Sawgrass, Florida and winning the Mc evoy trophy in UK 2012/Irish Strokeplay champion 2012
- Coaching a lot of Irish golfers not only on their game but also on their own coaching.
- Writing for Golf Digest Ireland for 2011 and Golfing magazine 2007.
- National paper evening herald golf articles 2009.
- Shane has trained successfully 11 PGA Professionals sense 1996 and all have gone on to take up successful PGA positions within the profession.
- Shane was honored in the USA for his achievements in junior coaching from club level right through to major success in boys and girls winning tournaments internationally.US Kids golf listed Shane as an Honoured Mention in their list as top 50 USKids Teachers Awards 2011.He is the first PGA golf coach from this side of the water to get listed in this prestigious award.
- Shane has been honored by the PGA in 2012 top 100 golf coaches in GB/IRE.
- Numerous other club level wins at Black Bush.